P&C AcuMed and Bodyworks is dedicated to doing our best to provide a safe and healthy environment for our patients and staff. While efforts to contain COVID-19 continue to evolve, we have taken proactive and voluntary steps to prevent the spread of the disease in our office and community.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Covid-19 Coordinator: We have designated one person to be the Covid-19 coordinator to ensure all established Covid-19 procedures are followed
Cleaning: Disinfecting surfaces is one keyway to minimize the spread of viruses, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are working to ensure a healthy experience using EPA and OSHA approved virus-killing products.
Facilities – All of our facilities adhere to strict infection control policies in accordance with the CDC recommendations. We have increased our regular infection control cleaning program, including high traffic areas, door handles, phones and other frequently touched surfaces.
Hand Sanitizer Access to Patients - Simple personal hand hygiene including frequent hand washing and not touching one’s eyes, nose or mouth is essential to minimizing the spread of the COVID-19 and other viruses. While we know many patients are following this guidance, here are some other ways we are assisting patients with ways to stay clean.
Immediate Departure – We have established a procedure to allow patients to immediately depart once the procedure is done
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
The CDC’s prevention recommendations.
- You must wear face covering before entering our facility
- Prior to your arrival, you will be asked to complete a simple questionnaire
- When you enter our facility, we will ask to take your temperature
- We will ask that guests wait outside the facility or in the car. We will call your cell phone when we are ready for you.
- Know the symptoms: Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and may include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Please call and change your appointment and stay home when you are sick or exhibiting early symptoms of illness.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces like doorknobs, and handles using a household disinfectant on a regular basis.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer when entering and exiting our facility
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before eating; after going to the bathroom; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 70% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
- Be prepared and informed on COVID-19 by obtaining regular updates at www.cdc.gov.
Remembering what we have learned from other global outbreaks
COVID-19 is not the first epidemic we have faced, and what we have learned from H1N1 and Ebola has helped prepare us to take care of patients today. While every health event has unique elements, the adjustments we have made in the past continue to pay dividends for managing COVID-19. These include equipping locations with Universal Precaution Kits, hand and surface sanitizers and other items, in accordance with CDC recommendations, so employees can maintain their own health and the health of those patients should a patient show signs of infection.
We are monitoring the situation and preparing to the best of our ability to keep our patients and employees healthy. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.
We value you and your family! Thank you for doing your part by following the CDC recommendations and those set forth by P&C AcuMed and Bodyworks.